Fundraising begins for the “new” Mount Sinai Hospital.
Mount Sinai obtains a block of land at 550 University Avenue.
SickKids agrees to accept Jewish interns and residents, a step towards Mount Sinai becoming a teaching hospital.
The New Mount Sinai Hospital is accredited for one-year residency programs in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pathology, and Anesthesia, followed in 1956 by approval for clinical training for University of Toronto nursing students.
Affiliation with the University of Toronto becomes official.
Mount Sinai and what was then known as Bridgepoint Active Healthcare amalgamate to become Sinai Health.